Sound of Music

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eid Kareem and ENS (Empty Nest Syndrome)

Eid Kareem everyone!!!!!

Sorry so late but yours truly has been busy. Even now I'm avoiding my long awaited expos paper which is due in about hmmmmmm 7 hours. I don't know if the upcoming trip back home for Thanksgiving is distracting me or the other endless issues in my life I would love to solve before New Years. Oh and I could really use sleep. sleep I miss the stuff I really do. Anyways I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. Which you all know is utterly impossible to figure out because you never will truly know what you want in life. The beautiful thing about being a human and not the other endless things you could have been( like a pencil, wouldn't that just be sad) is that you have the choice to to choose your own path in life. Its just that nagging feeling inside that makes you question whether or not your making the right choices.

Well...... my parents "lets get you engaged"itch has became a full on rash.

Mom: So....has anyone caught your eye
Me: No my eye was never lost
Mom: Laila!!!*(fake name because well I'm not ready to truly identify myself) Come on there is some much of a variety where you are
Me: Are we talking about guys or fruit oooo!!! or Hagen Daz flavors because they are truly lacking coffee flavor here and I absolute..
Mom: Laila, Laila wouldn't you rather be engaged so you have something to look forward to?


So what is there to look forward to? The Great lost of virginity? Or walking across the stage with my degree and a job on the back burner. Seriously I don't see what the fuss is about. I don't know maybe this is part of the empty nest syndrome and theses are the symptoms. Who knows probably after Thanksgiving they won't want me to come back. sigh. Parents

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment